(Note: This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission when you purchase items through my links. Thanks so much for the support!)
Sometimes it’s hard to love ourselves. From the external pressures of social media influencing our self-image to simply having a bad day, we can get into a spiral of negative thoughts and emotions. A great way to help counteract this is using self love journal prompts – simple statements designed to remind us of how capable we are and that within each of us lies incredible strength and courage.
In this post, you will find 45 self-love journal prompts specifically crafted for millennial women with an understanding tone so you can begin your journey toward discovering true acceptance, appreciation, and admiration for yourself. By allowing yourself the space to explore these feelings while writing them down, they become easier to work through as you progress toward becoming the best version of yourself!
Self Love Journal Prompts
- What are some things you love about yourself?
- What are some things you’re proud of?
- What are some things you’re grateful for?
- What are some things you like about your physical appearance?
- What are some things you like about your personality?
- What are some things you like about your skills and talents?
- What are some things you like about your accomplishments?
- What are some things you like about your relationships?
- What are some things you like about your lifestyle?
- What are some things you like about your life in general?
- Why do you deserve love and happiness?
- How can you show yourself more love and compassion?
- How can you care for yourself better physically, emotionally, and mentally?
- How can you nurture your relationships with yourself and others?
- How can you create a life that brings you joy and fulfillment?
- How can you contribute to making the world a better place?
- What are some things you can do to make today special for yourself?
- What are some things you can do to make this week special for yourself?
- What are some things you can do to make this month special for yourself?
- What are some things you can do to make this year special for yourself?
- How can you add more self-love into your morning routine?
- How can you add more self-love into your weekly routine?
- How can you add more self-love into your monthly routine?
- How can you add more self-love into your yearly routine?
- Why is self-love important to you?
- What are some things that you love about yourself?
- What are some things that you do that make you feel good?
- When was the last time you did something nice for yourself?
- How do you show yourself compassion when you make a mistake?
- What are some things that you can do to take care of yourself when you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed?
- What is your definition of self-love?
- How can you practice self-love on a daily basis?
- What are some things that you can do to nurture your relationships with yourself?
- What are some things that make you feel joyful and alive?
- What are some things that make you feel loved and supported?
- How can you create more balance in your life?
- How can you better care for your physical, mental, and emotional needs?
- What does your ideal life look like?
- How can you start making steps towards achieving your ideal life?
- How can self-love help you to achieve your goals and dreams?
- What are some things that get in the way of your self-love practice?
- How can you overcome these obstacles?
- What are some affirmations that you can say to yourself to promote self-love and acceptance?
- Who are some people in your life that support and encourage your self-love practice?
- How can you be more supportive of yourself?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? Did you believe it? Why or why not?
- Brainstorm one about positive affirmations and choose one you can say to yourself every day.
How do I write a self love journal?
A self-love journal is a perfect way to care for your mental and emotional health. It can be a creative, cathartic practice that helps you express yourself and gain perspective on your life. Starting your journal is easy! You can invest in a nice notebook and dedicate it exclusively to writing down your feelings.
Permit yourself to write openly and honestly – there’s no need to censor or judge what you write. Spend some time daily reflecting on your emotions, goals, gratitude, or anything else that comes up for you.
Choose whatever format works best for you – it could be long-form journaling, a love letter to yourself, poetry, song lyrics, doodles, or drawings – the endless possibilities! When done regularly, this practice can have fantastic calming effects on your overall well-being.
How do I journal my inner child?
Increasing your self-love can lead to a healthier, more balanced life if it’s approached in the right way. One valuable way of finding balance is by journaling your inner child.
Writing out your thoughts and feelings can give you fresh insight into what’s going on emotionally. Maybe there are masking needs that your inner child didn’t feel safe to express, yet now you can bring these hidden parts of yourself into the open in a healthy and nurturing manner.
When addressing issues from childhood, you can regain self-control by reparenting yourself with unconditional love and understanding. Journaling to incorporate creative ideas like drawing or painting can also be a significant step toward sparking spiritual healing and emotional stability. As well as allow you to move away from limiting beliefs that have drained your energy for too long.
Ways to Use Self Love Journal Prompts for Your Younger Self
- List your best personality traits that you’ve had from childhood
- Write a letter to a family member who positively impacted your childhood
- Journal about a difficult situation you encountered while looking at a picture of yourself at that age
- Recall the biggest goals you had when you were a child. What amazing things have you already achieved?
How do I journal my emotions?
Journaling about our emotions can be incredibly beneficial. The first step is to identify and understand how we feel at any given moment and recognize recurring patterns of emotion over time. Identifying your emotions can be an incredibly powerful tool for healing and communicating.
All humans experience the same five core emotions:
Although one’s responses to these emotions may vary. Joy manifests itself internally through a sense of lightness or warmth on the inside. Sadness elicits a heavy feeling deep within. Anger arises with sensations of heat or tension in the body. Fear often feels like a tight band around the rib cage or chest area. Disgust can be signified by a queasy stomach or throat-knotting sensation.
By being mindful of these signs, you can learn to recognize each emotion and keep track of them in your journal if desired.
How do you journal low self-esteem?
Everyone can benefit from boosting their self-esteem, and journaling is a great way to do it. Writing out your thoughts in your journal allows you to reflect on yourself and focus on the positives. When going through challenging moments, start by writing down what caused your struggle and what emotions came up for you.
As you write, think of solutions that will work best for you to overcome those obstacles. Unfortunately, negative self-talk often interferes with our ability to succeed – so break this pattern by building awareness around it. Once you become aware of it, the better able you’ll be to identify when it happens and how to shift from this style of thinking toward more productive areas.
Next time challenging situations come up, take some time to pick up your journal and let your creativity reign; this could be anything like setting goals for yourself or jotting down nice things people said that bring a smile to your face. Making positive changes requires patience, but with some thoughtfulness, your self-esteem will surely grow each day!
What do you write in a self healing journal?
- List your best qualities
- Write a list of the people in your support system
- Create a list of healthy habits you’d like to start
- Brainstorm your favorite feel-good activities and make a list
How do you write an emotional journal entry?
Writing an emotional journal entry can be a challenging but ultimately freeing and rewarding experience. Focusing on small steps can help you make the most of your writing session.
Begin by taking deep breaths: as much oxygen in your system will help stimulate creativity and better communication with yourself. Set aside some quiet time for yourself and get comfortable – grab a cozy blanket, light a candle, and run a warm bath with soothing essential oils.
Think about aspects of the event that matter to you: consider what sparked these emotions and work through them, realizing what made you react this way or how to move on. Write freely, without censorship, and keep writing until nothing comes out. Allow yourself some time away from the journal to reflect, take a walk, or do something creative or fun to seal the processing experience.
Taking care of yourself before, during, and after journaling is key to making it a powerful release. Incorporating a meditation practice can be a great tool when you work through these self love journal prompts.
How do you start a journal entry about yourself?
Writing a journal entry about yourself is a great way to self-reflect and develop further insights into your life. Starting can be intimidating, but it’s important to remember that you are the writer, so you are in control of what you put down on paper.
One way to begin is by writing down some recent events. What events recently happened that you would like to explore? From there, try to dig deeper and reflect on how these events shaped your thoughts and emotions. Ask yourself questions such as “How did this event make me feel?” or “What lessons did I learn from this experience?”
You don’t need to be an expert writer – write as if you were talking to your best friend. With consistent practice, journaling can help bring clarity and peace into your life. So don’t lament whatsoever – open up a notebook and start writing!
- Write a letter to yourself.
- List everything that happened today.
- List the positive and negative feelings you had today.
- Rate your confidence levels throughout the day.
- Write a story about your dream life.
Use Self Love Journal Prompts to Heal
Self-love can be hard to come by; however, if you’re willing to work it out with yourself, the rewarding benefits of self-love will come in due time. Working through self love journal prompts is the perfect way to take the journey toward true self-love and get more in tune with who you are. This will help heal your inner child, boost your self-esteem, and discover a deeper version of yourself.
Facing each prompt with an honest answer will lead you to obtain true wisdom about yourself and ultimately make you emotionally happy. You deserve the best in life, including feeling good about the person you see when looking in the mirror. So why not give self-love journaling a try? Do you ever journal when going through a rough time?
Recent Blog Posts
- 6 Integral Qualities of a Good Mother
- 47 Self Love Journal Prompts
- 35+ Stay at Home Mom Approved Gift Ideas
- Easy Stay at Home Mom Schedule with Young Kids
- Best Jobs for Stay At Home Moms With No Experience
Taran is a self-proclaimed undomestic mom. She thrives as a stay-at-home-mom by consistently carving out time for herself and practicing realistic self-care. As a busy mom of 3, she knows that if mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy! With a focus on how SAHMs can carve out time for themselves everyday, she teaches fellow SAHMs how they can do the same.